Air bubble in overflow u-tube.. DIY Fixes?

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Aqualung, Sep 3, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jkat21

jkat21 Bangghai Cardinal

Your welcome..glad it worked out well..keep us posted on how does long term..8)

2. Click Here!

3. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

Yeah I tried it. 5/8" was too small and my overflow box filled to the brim, and my DT tank wanted to overflow. The 3/4" is PERFECT, no bubbles. Tried to thread it through the plastic U-tube.. I dropped it on my tile floor and it cracked in half! So now I have no u tube, and I took the 3/4" and put it diagonal in the overflow box so it doesn't push as much.. no bubbles. It pushes a little but not as bad. temp fix until i find a smaller tube or make one. At least I have no bubbles. Fook!

4. lexdiamond20

lexdiamond20 Astrea Snail

Hey, are you guys using more than 1 U-tube. A few months ago I assumed bigger tubes would mean more water passing through. So I got 2 5" flexible tubes from Home Depot. The problem is they bend way too much in the middle and im also getting bubbles. I'm on a site right now about to pull the trigger on a 1 1/4". Should I get 2 of these? 1? 2 smaller ones?

5. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

Only using 1 u tube. The 1/14" gives me airbubbles. Using a 3/4" now. Made out of flexible tubing. No bubbles