Aiptasia has TAKEN OVER!

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by aquariaman, Apr 8, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. aquariaman

aquariaman Pajama Cardinal

I have looked at those but have you seen the price for a 1/2 inch nudibranch? Im not sure that a couple of nudibranches would take down a couple thousand aiptasias! lol. I have thought of taking all the live rock out and letting it dry out for a day or two to make sure everyone of those dang things are dead. Would that be too much? lol ::)

2. Click Here!

3. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Well, you said they're EVERYWHERE, so for that to work youd have to take the whole tank down and dry/sanitize etc and start over. I'd PM reef monkey about the berghia's, pretty sure he's used them before and could prob tell ya how many/how long, etc.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  4. aquariaman

Hmmmmm....Your right, that would take a lot! I will ask what he did! Thanks

5. lps1212

lps1212 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

That's a problem I have came across myself in my ol' nano seems like anything I tried wouldn't work. Darn aptasia was a pain luckily for me I ended up tearing down to start an upgrade so I cooked all that infested rock. It was a happy day for me when I threw that rock out in the yard to dry

6. aquariaman

Haha. I might just do that! It just depends on how desperate I get! Lol

7. sngl13b

sngl13b Plankton

joe's juice i think is what i used..worked super,had the same problem in our 120g,peppermint shrimp also work once you get it under control might not be a bad idea to have 1 or 2...good luck

8. Click Here!

9. PierceEye

PierceEye Aiptasia Anemone

I just added 6 mediium 3/4" and 6 small 1/2" Berghias to my 90 becuase they were taking over....Berghias will continue to reproduce as long as there is aptasia as food....so itt does not matter how many you have as long as you have patiantce
    I do not so I think I overdid it ass I might have 100 of them.

but I already have seen a small reduction and I put them in Thursday night

10. wallstdrifter

wallstdrifter Flamingo Tongue

Taser them or....

Don't touch them yourself. Except for taser wand and peppermint shrimp the will explode little gametes into the water column and expand exponetially on steroids. Get yourself one peppermint shrimp to see if it survives your nitrates. After one week get yourself five more. Give them about a month acclimate and then they will rip the little centers out of your apitasia in a way they will never come back!

11. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

"1/2 inch Berghia Nudibranchs
    Ready to Ship Approx. April 16"

$15.99 - $16.99 "

from www.saltyunderground.com

definitely will do the job and save you the headache of wondering if this or that is actually working... this little slimer WILL work.

12. ZC42

ZC42 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

I think LA's min size for copper band is 50 g