AHHH!!! Attacked by bristle worm! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by aquariaman, May 2, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CharlotteReefer

CharlotteReefer Coral Banded Shrimp

Is it too early to laugh at this??

2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. aquariaman

aquariaman Pajama Cardinal

Lol. Its is kind of funny how I have that a worm is attacking me! Lol. But if u could only feel the pain as I remove each and every bristle, trust me, u wouldn't be laughing! :p

4. Jmanyoma

Jmanyoma Astrea Snail

I got stung by one at work and didn't realize it was a bristle my finger was just burning with any little touch. Found out it was actually the bristle when my skin on the tip of my finger started to peel off -.-

Worse pain ever!

5. aquariaman

Ah ha! Someone knows what I'm going through! You don't notice it until you try to pick up something else and u basically jab a thousand needles deep into your skin! I have done pretty much every remedy so far and still have a few tiny ones still in there. Thankfully it was my left hand and not my right because I still have to go to class tomorrow and use a pencil! Hurts just thinking about it...... haha

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

I brushed my outside hand against one once and it hurt like H for a few days, but luckily it was the outside of my hand so i could protect it better. It does suck. Dr.s fosters and smith and BRW sell shoulder length rubber reef working gloves for like $10 that are reusable ;)

7. bucksfan1976

bucksfan1976 Banned

I got 4 fingers all covered one time moving rock at the local fish store, simple solution. cover the area with superglue, once it dries peal glue and taaadaaaa!!!! I will would rinse in vinager and anti bact soap.

And yes I LOLd so hard when I read the title sorry

8. Click Here!

9. Greg@LionfishLair

Greg@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

This was me:

[​IMG]

Seriously, SOAK your finger(s) in vinegar...don't just dab it on there. These were gone within 5 mins or so.

10. zoo 4 life

zoo 4 life Coral Banded Shrimp

Best place for kenya tree coral is out of your tank, I would leave it out on a permanent basis! If it dies, I will mail you some of mine! I can't give it away, I throw it in my sump and it grows like a weed!

11. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

If it makes you feel any better, I'm laughing :)

12. aquariaman

lol. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! Dont send me ANY of that stuff!!! I need to keep at least a 10 mile radius of it, if not more!