agro clowns

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by thegrasshopper, Feb 19, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. thegrasshopper

thegrasshopper Astrea Snail

ive got two occelaris clowns that have been at each others throats for well over a month now.
    normally wen i add a new fish , the existing tankmates will have a peck at it, torment it a bit for a day or two, then live hapily, but ever since i added this new clown( hes slightly bigger than the other) theyve done nuthin but nip at each other for the past month an a bit.
    i jus think its odd, they havent got over it yet, an it looks as if the other lives in fear so to speak.
    any suggestions ? ?

PS- im back matt, i had a virus on my computer , thats wat was messin me around

2. Click Here!

3. karlas

karlas Fire Goby

part of your problem might ;be you got a bigger clown than the one you have. with those types of clowns its better to get a smaller one. all clowns are born males and the more dominint one will become the female. also the female will always be bigger than the male. chances are you ended up with 2 females. maby take it back and see if you cant get a smaller one