Aggression Issue

Discussion in 'ID This!' started by PittsburghReefTank12, Jan 24, 2016.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PittsburghReefTank12

PittsburghReefTank12 Flamingo Tongue

2. Click Here!

3. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

You could definitely try a smaller clown in addition to changing up rock and such that may disrupt the territory. If your tank can accommodate an anemone, I'd suggest getting a BTA. The clowns may or may not be hosted by the nem - sometimes they go right in and others they take time. I'm not familiar with other fish that you have, is it aggressive?

4. PittsburghReefTank12

Its Semi Agressive, But Ive Never Seen Him Pick On Any Fish Unless It Was In His Territory. There Were Big Bite Marks On My Yellow Wrasse Leading Me To Think It Was The Clown. I Might Try A BTA But Will They Eat My Fish?

5. scajeo

scajeo Sea Dragon

If you are leaning on getting a BTA, I just ordered one from Coral Collections out of CA. It arrives tomorrow. Fascinating colors.

6. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

are your parameters stable? you said you've had the tank for 2 years? do you have good lighting?

7. cody3819

cody3819 Bubble Tip Anemone

A BTA will not eat a clown, as a matter of fact they prefer smaller pices of food. In the wild the clown fish will feed them when being hosted. Now some things to watch, im trying to insult your knowledge, for when getting nems..... Make sure they have good color, there are no pure white nems.... I have learned this the hard way. Make sure the foot is not torn and the mouth is tight. I would drip acclimate it for at least an hour, but that is just me. Stability is key with these guys.... I believe if you go the nem route you will be fine.

8. Click Here!

9. cody3819

+1 on the lighting, good lighting is a must with nems.... Sorry forgot to mention this.

10. PittsburghReefTank12

Use Flouresent Lighting In The Cube. Just Bought New Lights, Still Flouresent To Replace The Old Ones. Also Dont Test Peramiters, But Everything Seem To Like My Tank

11. cody3819

Fluorescent as in t-5? Not to sure what that means buddy, I'm slow in the pick up at times.... Lol.

12. PittsburghReefTank12