Advice on getting rid of Flat Worms?

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by Jmblec2, Dec 6, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mobalized

Mobalized Teardrop Maxima Clam

Flatworm Exit worked great for me just took multiple treatments.

2. Click Here!

3. tharsis

tharsis Peppermint Shrimp

I have had them for months, I have been scared to treat the tank with flatworm exit so I have just been siphoning them out once a week during my water changes. I find their population is not getting out of control so I have just incorporated the siphoning into my weekly maintenance. I have actually come to derive pleasure from siphoning them lol..I like getting the airline close to them and seeing them get sucked away.

4. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

yes: I have used it once to get rid of some planaria and AEFW. It killed all of them in one dose almost immediately and also irritated a lot of my other invertebrate organisms such as starfish, amphipods, and small stars.

All fish and coral were not effected by the levamisole, but they did react negatively to the flatworm toxins. Some acros browned out but there were no losses.

As for the AEFW, I caught them almost immediately as i added them. I spent time scraping the eggs and kept a close eye on my corals so one treatment was enough. The planaria were not my primary reason for treating, however I knew they would also die. I did not have high numbers but i still saw some squirm out of the rocks and sand. One treatment was enough.

I recommend keeping around 50% mixed saltwater on hand incase the flatworms release toxins so you can do a water change to reduce the neurotoxins.

5. Jmblec2

Jmblec2 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Do you have a recommended dosage amount?

6. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

not off the top of my head... but try searching google, you will be able to find a recommended dosage. Honestly, it is very small per gallon

7. Jmblec2

Jmblec2 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Thanks Dingo!