Advice for making the LED switch from T5s on a budget??

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by mdbannister, Nov 4, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mdbannister

mdbannister Flamingo Tongue

2. Click Here!

3. oyf709

oyf709 Bristle Worm

I think 3x 24 inches should be good for that kinda set up. so 108w each. total would be 324w

I think the Par is base on 50% white and 50% blue. However, they told me the ratio can change and also can add violet in it.

As far as for the pricing, I think it is about $680 including 1 controller and 3 fixtures
    If you want the CREE version would be about $880 for the same Watts

4. oyf709

oyf709 Bristle Worm

um.. I am not sure about Luxeon ES brand LED, looks to me it is same as Phillips. I think it is made in Taiwan? Maybe some expert heard about this chip can point out the brand. I can't really tell you the performance of the LED cuz I never heard of it. As far as for the listing, I still don't see heat sink, it only got a 10" heat sink for Driver. Also when you do DIY, try to make sure the less power cord the better, unless you don't mind to have the entire power bar plug for nothing but your lights

5. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

ES leds are just as good as crees, iirc their blues are more powerful than crees.

6. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

If you buy that kit change it to a 2:3 ratio of W:B with a few cyan, CB, and TV

7. oyf709

oyf709 Bristle Worm

Are they made by Phillips?

EDIT: Ya I read thru some posts on reef central and seems ES is pretty good compare to CREE