Advanced Question

Discussion in 'Fish Diseases' started by MissEden, Aug 24, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

2. Click Here!

3. MissEden

MissEden Plankton

Heres a picutre.

It doesnt really show much but it's the best picture I could get up close.

Attached Files:

4. Corailline

The Sea Anemone appears to be a Condy, it delivers a more potent sting then many other anemones, some fish will not reside in a Condy because of this.

The fish in the image looks to be very mildly affected, does the other clown look worse?

Feeding Selcon (foods in HUFA) or garlic, reduction of stress caused by decline in water quality will help.

5. MissEden

MissEden Plankton

The other clown is quite a bit worse. She hangs out on the other side of the tank while the male hangs with the Anemone. Since they're the only 2 fish I should just leave them and keep the daily routine going or should I get a QT Tank?

6. Corailline

If you put them in a QT, you will have to monitor daily for a cycle (ammonia levels and nitrites). You will have to decide if you are going to treat with Copper or hyposalinity.

You have to weigh the risk of doing more harm than good at this point. Placing the Clowns in a newly set up tank that will cause stress and possibly cause a decline in their current condition, or treating them in the current tank with stress reduction and enhancing foods.

It's not an easy decision. If they were my fish I would leave them in the current tank and hope for the best but you might very well loose the sickest of them.

Good luck

Edit: to treat ich you have to know it's life cycle.

http://www.3reef.com/forums/fish-diseases/life-cycle-marine-ich-96343.html