Adequate SPS flow

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Kevin_E, Oct 2, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Annie3410

Annie3410 Teardrop Maxima Clam

2. Click Here!

3. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

4. Annie3410

Unless something has changed 2 months or so ago when i got mine, the controller only changes the speed in the W1 setting (standing wave that will probably overflow your tank on each impulse). You will probably want to run it in ELSE mode, which is random(ish), but has no speed control. The knob on the controller is a bit deceitful, it does not control speed/flow, but instead controls the TIME between impulses or speed changes depending on your set mode. The led dimmer in the link is plug and play and does not require you to splice any wires. In ELSE mode, this pump blows sand around in my 90 gallon if i am not careful. I think you will be very surprised by the flow this tiny powerhead puts out.

5. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Oh, okay then. Thanks for the tip. This just plugs directly into the Jebao and controls speed in else mode, constant and wave?

6. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

7. Annie3410

yeah, you plug it between the wall plug and controller and it cuts the juice getting to the controller, thus cutting the amt transferred to the pump. Im not very good with electricity specifics, but this is a cheap solution that is easily removed if you don't like it or need it, but gives you more flexibility with the pump.

8. Click Here!

9. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Does it work with all settings? Do you think
    Test it on yours?

10. Annie3410

I haven't, but will try it here in an hour or so and will report back :)

11. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Awesome. Thanks a bunch.

12. Annie3410

Ok, just tried it and it works pretty well. You cannot turn it down all the way, or your pump will just stop, but you can use about 70% of the range, not turning it below about 30%. I tried it on all modes with no issues. The plugs are compatible with the controller with no modification needed. The one from fish street would probably work just as well, if not better, but just costs more.