ADDING FRAGS

Discussion in 'Frags' started by reefermadness420, Sep 20, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefermadness420

reefermadness420 Flamingo Tongue

its yellow and purple with green center

2. Click Here!

3. reefermadness420

Maybe once i get my reef established I'd add more fish but for now I want to keep it simple. I'm a very big animal lover and I'd rather have one healthy fish than get too many and risk them being aggressive.

Vinnyboombatz and Swisswiss like this.
  4. reefermadness420

I like the clownfish. I like the dragonets on liveaquaria but I think I would buy from my store. I'd rather have a tank of snails crabs and pods than anything die

5. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

I agree with you, if you want to make a coral heavy tank it would be wiser to keep the bioload on the low end. if you plan on going down the clown road it is preferable to get them an anemone host as well. otherwise they may take up residence in one of your lps or mushroom and that can lead to stress in the coral.

adding an anemone to an sps tank can be delicate though, as the anemone will most likely move from the original spot you placed it, and roam till it finds a place it likes. while it roams it will sting the frags it comes to contact with. it wont instantly kill the frag but it may cause some damage.

also sand shifting gobies not only can be a challenge to keep, but will bury corals placed on the sand bed. so keep that in mind

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    Vinnyboombatz likes this.