Add to my current clean up crew

Discussion in 'Reef Cleaners' started by civiccars2003, Mar 3, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Los1980

Los1980 Purple Spiny Lobster

yup makes sense... there is enough algae for them to eat! i think im going to trade in my gigantic snails for some baby ones.

2. Click Here!

3. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

4. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

Can't wait for my purchase to show up, should be today or tomorrow. Excited.

5. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

Hey John, So are you the guy at Reefcleaners that everyone is so found of? I heard ou recommend the best CUC. I had a question about the cyano and the nass snails. I rarely see my nass snails consume this bacteria, unless im just not examining closely enough. I have about 8 in a 46 along with some tiger c, and only like 2 or 3 ceriths. (ceriths have the narrower, cone like shells correct? I may be mistaking these for nerite) snyway should I get more nass? ceriths? which one do best job with cyano?

6. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

Nassarius snails don't eat algae, they eat leftover meaty food. They help with the sandbed because they bury themselves in it and come out of it, turning it over some.

7. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

+1 thanks for covering for me sushigirl

ceriths/nerites/chitons/blue leg hermits/limpets are my picks for cyano, in about that order too

8. Click Here!

9. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

No problem, John LOL.

10. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

Well I know Nass dont eat algae and since cyano is a bacteria I was writing to you for clarification on this..

however I see now that you where suggesting the nass for somthing sub-related. so as far as the ceriths, nerites....how are they diffrent. (visual wise?

11. civiccars2003

civiccars2003 Great Blue Whale

I got my clean up crew today. Everything's healthy. There sure are alot of snails now. Haha

Thanks John/reef cleaners.