Actual reef capible led

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Dman, Aug 31, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dman

Dman Astrea Snail

I bought a marineland reef capable led over a year ago. I have a zoa doing fine under this light. I was thinking of asking for a 48" reef breeder photon for Christmas. I have a 55 gal DT. My question is would this be to much light for lower light corals being it will pretty much cover the whole aquarium. I'm also unsure of 90 degree or 120 degree also. Not sure what I may get in the future but I'm doubtful the marineland will support it. Any input would be appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

No it will not be too much light if you acclimate properly-- for the ones you already have, start with a low power setting and short photo-period, then increase both slowly over a few weeks. New acquisitions should initially be placed low in the tank. Just watch your corals closely; they'll let you know if they're getting too much or too little light. The 90 degree lens will focus the light downward for better penetration and higher PAR, which will be more suitable for acros, clams, and anemones.

DSC reef likes this.