Activated Tri Base Pelletized Carbon???

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by ghost, Feb 21, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I will say this.....for the bioloads which we put into our tanks which are like 50 gazillion times higher than compared to the ocean, I don't try to instantly cycle my tank.

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I don't try because I know it doesn't work :)

4. MDeth

MDeth Feather Star

So you mean I cant keep a fleet of about 4-5 lionfish in an 8g BioCube using the bacteria?
    :p

How often do you have to add cultures of this miracle bacteria newagereefer?

5. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Yes well I read some literature I found today and it said to add the right now stuff once and only once then there was no need for its use again.. thats what I got from the packing info I found .. Its not like you need to add anything every time you change carbon.. I have seen so many instant right now bacteria in a Bottle or the bugs in a bag they came wet freeze dried and all I can say is that none worked well long term or did what they promised they could do. I guess that saying a fool and his money are soon parted still hold water :) OH and my favorite one Buyer beware..

6. skylab1

skylab1 Astrea Snail

I never say "instant cycle"! It's 24hour cycle there is a big difference.
    instant means rigth this minute, 24hours is one full day.

7. skylab1

skylab1 Astrea Snail

this is what I keep hearing over and over again.

How do you know it doesn't work if you never try it.
    Do you have any evidence to support that?

8. Click Here!

9. skylab1

skylab1 Astrea Snail

Not unless the lion are 1 inch in size, aka baby lions.

Bacteria only need to be seed one time, and may be boost in every 6 month or so.

10. skylab1

skylab1 Astrea Snail

Please contact Bill Hiatt for any patent information.

You are right about the bacteria already present in the tank, however, nitrogen cycle occurred in your tank has two part to play, aerobic and anaerobic. Is the anaerobic part that take the most time to complete.

The Hiatt system is an aerobic process, a totally aerobic nitrogen cycle, anaerobic play no part in the cycle process. A completely different to what everyone is accustom to.

11. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Sorry but you'll never convince me that you can fully cycle a tank in 24 hours. PT Barnum did not have someone like me in mind when he uttered his most famous saying. I have no plans on trying the product that you're trying to sell so I don't expect to have any proof or data for you anytime soon.

12. nemo79

nemo79 Zoanthid

Well personally I believe that going too fast is a mistake. People who try to cut corners in the beginning get bit in the A$@ in the end. I truly believe in properly cycling a tank and slowly adding livestock. I would rather wait a month and have a happy healthy tank in the end then do something quick and end up with a dead tank! There are no magic fixes for nothing in life! Some of the most successful tanks out there were done in the good ol fashion tried and true way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.