Accent Lighting for LEDs

Discussion in 'T5 Aquarium Lighting' started by ReefBruh, Dec 6, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

I am stuck between the Kessil 360W and the Cannon 120 pendant. The real question is I want to accent either one with T5s. I want to do Coral+ or Blue+ but I want the experts to chime in on this. If you can will you give me a front to back configuration Please. I will be using 4 T5s in the front, LEDs in the middle and 4 T5s in the back.

Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. mikejrice

mikejrice 3reef Affiliate

I don't think anyone can match the made in America chips that Kessil is using which I've also heard from the mouths of several LED sales reps from other manufacturers.

LED blues are always going to give the most fluorescence, so I would go fairly blue on the pendant. T5s also pack a more complete spectrum, so if you fill in some white with them, you should get a nice complete spectrum and the color that comes along with it. I would use a combination of ATI and Giessman lamps to get the most color possible as well as the most power output.

4. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

So you mean go with more of the whites than like the coral +, Blue +, Fiji or Purple+? Can you give me an example please?

5. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

Does anybody have an idea also?

6. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

I wish Kessil would release what spectrum leds they use, or at least make them easy to find....
    I would do kessils with 3 blue+ and 1 coral+

7. ReefBruh

ReefBruh Giant Squid

On both sides?

8. Click Here!

9. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid