Acan Info

Discussion in 'LPS Corals' started by Tropical Addict, May 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bluetang08

bluetang08 Purple Spiny Lobster

When you guys say you feed Acans mysis do you mean freeze dried? I never feed any coral and all seems fine but if it would cause faster growth im game

2. Click Here!

3. Reef2Keep

Reef2Keep Purple Spiny Lobster

I have one acan that was a single polyp for months...then one day it suddenly had 6 new heads growing at once. Every one of my acans grow at a different rate, but they definately spread faster with target feeding...but that isn't even necessary IMO:)

4. footballdude2k3

footballdude2k3 Bristle Worm

i target feed 3 times a week, i suggest it, i feed them a mix of pellets which i am not sure they like, we will find out and rods food as well. i just got my acans last week so i cannot yet say how fast they grow, but they seem a lot happier when they are fed.

5. Aqualung

Aqualung Stylophora

yea they like to eat, thats for sure!

6. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I target feed my acans with mysis, even though they typically go for slightly smaller fare in the wild.

7. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

to the man with the clam, tridacna clams (im guessing this is what you mean) do not need to be fed phyto after reachign a length of 1 inch. until one inch they are dependent on phyto AND light. after that they are dependent on light. phyto may help growth, but it is not needed. good luck all.

8. Click Here!

9. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

I feed mine frozen, same as i feed to some of my other corals. I just use a turkey baster and squirt some on them when they open up.

10. bluetang08

bluetang08 Purple Spiny Lobster

Where do you get frozen mysis LFS?

11. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

LFS freezer or online. I use foster and smith because it's cheaper to buy in bulk.

12. Tropical Addict

Tropical Addict Bubble Tip Anemone

Actually I'm a girl and not a man.lol Also, I have a Tridacna and a Derasa clam.