AC vs DC

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by alpha_03, Dec 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

the original title was changed - that I can do nothing about. But yes application is the import here- no doubt, but the "why" is the point I was trying to make- you know, when you are at the store and you know nothing of watts- volts or giggidiligbob, how can you learn this? from people who do know a thing or two about such things.

2. Click Here!

3. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I think he's mentioning ego because quoting something a week old for the sake of "finding out how it's ironic and funny" with a prompt of "don't forget the Chicago world's fair", said as if you're a professor asking an open ended quiz question, it is seems to be a veiled attempt to get yourself an ego boost or vindication or whatever.

I personally think it's ironic (in the situational sense) how people were agreeing with you in the other thread and you fairly obviously had the upper hand in the "debate" (as you also believed, evinced by your willingness to bring it up again), but now in this resurrected topic, not so much, while my statement was absolutely not ironic whatsoever by any of the many definitions of the word.

Also, I'm not seeing any of the links you provided....did I miss them before you removed them or something?

Again, though, AC does not have square waves, and DC does not have sine waves. AC has a phase angle, DC does not. The phase angle is literally defined as the difference between two sine waves. A square wave, as used in DC circuits, is NOT a sine wave. I don't know why you told me to check a link after I stated this, as the only one I saw (not yours, either) never even mentions DC in its explanation of phase angle.

1 person likes this.
  4. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

I find it odd you continue to badger me about links when you have not posted a single one in this fascinating thread. Please point me to an unedited post number with a link in it and I would be happy to take a look.... or not.

5. alpha_03

Um, where in did I state other wise- with exception to DC ? Exactly- no link for DC- not mine his.

I gave you the topic to search under- are you to lazy to search it because you think you are right? Obviously. Point in fact- you- bla bla bla but never read what is written. A closer look perhaps?

You put me on the defensive because of your obvious lack of information, and I am somehow to blame for this? please- ego check- hope you have your ticket- because the list has become long if your at coat check.

6. alpha_03

Baddger you? I wouldnt waste my time. Why bother when you know it all.

7. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

Blackraven... I have to disagree on one little thing.

AC can be a Square Wave. You can rectify a sine wave to get a square wave. As long as there is a positive and negative potential in the waveform, it is A/C... no matter what the wave. IE; Saw, Sine Square, Etc.

A digital wave must be D/C though. I think this is what you are referring to. It is a pure positive or negative potential that never reverses.

8. Click Here!

9. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

Perhaps your wonderful link could set me straight.... hummm

10. alpha_03

hmm, still hanging on to that? I guess you are not a friend after all. Exactly what part was "veiled"? What purpose would that serve- good god, geta clue.

11. alpha_03

And perhaps you should study more about that which you do not know.

12. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

So let me get this straight... you come in here to educate and help the masses (school us I suppose).... you shoot down what is said as wrong, you can't back up what you talk about, you simply do not know what we are talking about(basic electricity), you criticize me for not reading your links THAT YOU DIN"T POST.... and you want to say I don't know what I'm talking about..... Wow...::)::)::)

Seriously, have a good night. This forum is much better than this. Take this crap somewhere else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.