AC vs DC

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by alpha_03, Dec 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

Excuse me but DC has tons of skin effect-or, hysterisis, ever own a high end audio system- I do, and I will prove it to you if you would like- come on over.

For me I am going to a bloom box.

2. Click Here!

3. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

..... and it's worse in AC lines Sport. Congratulations on your high end audio system. Your Mother must be very proud.

4. One Dumm Hikk

One Dumm Hikk Skunk Shrimp

I am not going to get into the AC/DC debate for reasons I don't care to discuss, mainly, because I don't care.

Your statement that "heat is your enemy" is incorrect. Incorrect heat level is your enemy, not heat itself. You seem to want to nitpick terms and definitions and I won't. Simply put, without heat the universe wouldn't exist. Cold is simply the lack of heat. And before we go down the road of "heat is bad", my only question would be "Why do I have a heater in my tank if heat is my enemy"?

The reason people buy pumpA versus pumpB, assuming all else is equivalent other than the wattage, is the cost on the power bill and initial cost of the pump. Pure and simply. It costs more to run a 200W pump than a 100W pump if all else is equal, MONEY. It has absolutely nothing to do with AC, DC or any mumbo jumbo wives tales about heat issues.

If you want to discuss things, I am one to discuss. I can discuss anything, and usually will. But when you start trying to say things that aren't true, then, well.....

I left and came back after a break from the hobby and this was the second thread I have read. Heeby Jeeby, go me :)

5. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

Don't let it get you down Hikk. One of these threads come up about every six months. It always ends the same.

Welcome back to the hobby.

6. alpha_03

LOL, ok there Mr. help all, you know more then everyone including me right? Read what you post buddy. And BTW, why the name calling? I am new? as compared to what? As for Advice- yep I see lots of it and a lot of it is wrong- so when someone comments not to your liking you do what- oh never mind- it's readily available in black and white- to bad you had nothing to offer but your ego. This could have been a great thread. Sadly it is not. A fourm based upon the "I have been here longer so I know more buddy system" LOL, thanks but I will take my leave of you now.

7. cidman

cidman Plankton

lol there isnt one :p

8. Click Here!

9. Powerman

Powerman Giant Squid

...or not.

Sorry I ruined the thread. I will bow out and let it regain it's glory.

Have a good night.

10. alpha_03

glory? is that what you seek, online even? perhaps a game of jedi Knight? either way- na it's not your fault, a given persons nature is a funny thing, sometimes it simply is what it is- too bad tho.

I find it odd how you ignored my links, and yet some how you are the known truth to man kind- you cant see the ego in that- oh well, thanks for the support.

11. project1

project1 Spaghetti Worm

well raven explained it pretty well lol i almost dusted off the ac and dc electrical apprenticeship books.. . too much heat on any electronic is bad.. once you let the smoke out of them they dont work anymore lol...

12. cidman

cidman Plankton

ac vs dc ?
    they both have their uses
    i think its more about application isn't it ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.