about to buy 200 GAL. WAT SETUP???

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by i love eggos, Dec 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. i love eggos

i love eggos Plankton

yea I'm deffinitly digging that guys setup. Thats around what I want....maybey a lil bigger.. but I think i want a better lighting system like:

Amazon.com: 72 Inch 3x150 Watt 14,000K HID 4x39 Watt 420/460 NM AquaticLife T5 HO Light Fixture W/ 6 Lunar LEDs: Pet Supplies

would that work for what I want?

Also how you feel about a pre made Trigger Systems Sump/refrugium?

Trigger Systems - Sumps Detailed

whats the dopiest protein skimmer out on the market right now?
    or in your oppion the best filtration system setup I should go with?

just talked with my mom and I showed her some really dope youtube videos of some amaaaaaazing reef tanks and she's already picking out a spot in HER house for one!
    so its official THE **** IS ABOUT GO DOWN!!!
    KEEP THE POSTS COMMING I'M FINALLY GOIN GET MY TANK!!!....soon very soon

2. Click Here!

3. i love eggos

i love eggos Plankton

4. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

For filtration.. 1-1.5 lbs of dry rock per gallon with a nice skimmer and refugium will get you far!

5. i love eggos

i love eggos Plankton

what kind of setup for sump/refrguium would you suggest? (like prebuilt )
    and
    what kind / brand of skimmer?
    and
    a calcium reactor set-up?

if I get a 250-300 Gallon should i do 2 sumps? or something?

6. i love eggos

i love eggos Plankton

7. SnooknRedz

SnooknRedz Vlamingii Tang

You should also check out Rocketman's build. Its a huge system, that you could get the hang of whats going on and what is needed. you need to remember there is no 1 right way of doing a great tank, although there are practices that are followed closely. ie sumps, refugiums, skimmers, ato, DSB, LR, and such.

I have no idea about prebuilt sumps, as i would much rather make my own to how i would like it to function. check your thread you started about skimmers, there are some responses on it, that will lead you in the direction you need to go.

8. Click Here!

9. BioFreak

BioFreak Feather Duster

1 Sump as large as you can fit. I don't like the Sump/Fuge combo systmes personally. My fuge is a platform so it is ecentially above my sump and has its own overflow that feeds into the return of the sump.

Personally use a dosing pump not a calc reactor, it will mess with the PH too much. Also in my opinion on best skimmers for the price is Reef Octopus, if money is no concern than Deltec or AquaEuro I been told are good I have never used one I use ReefOctos

I use a NWB-250 on my 240g tank

10. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

The lighting system he has on that tank is way better than the lighting system you linked to here is a link where to buy them I would def do some research on these http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/LED_Lighting/AquaIllumination_Sol_LED_Light_Systems/ and if you are looking for a pre built sump set up here is another build that used a custom pre built from bash sea it looks super clean http://www.3reef.com/forums/show-of...e-build-reeflo-pump-11-18-11-a-121871-10.html and I think it is def worth looking into I know he was in contact with the guy over there customizing it to his needs