About Blue Tang

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by kissawookie, Dec 11, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kissawookie

kissawookie Astrea Snail

Hey guys!

Apparently blue tangs would be swimming around the tank and likes places to hide.. Well my tang is the total opposite it's just being a bum. It hides all the time and rarely swims around.

Do you think there is a problem with it? When it swims it does move around fine, its eyes are good and skin is good no white spots too. It also does not eat the food that i give the rest of the tank mates(Premium marine dry good and brine shrimp)...

Please help

Bryan

2. Click Here!

3. Dr.Fragenstein

Dr.Fragenstein Panda Puffer

Brian, how long have you had the fish? How big is the tank? W/C schedule? Things like this are all needed to help everyone help you! It would also be advantageous for you to list your parameters as well!!

Good luck!

4. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

Could try to feed frozen food. Most my fish love it. Don't let him stop eating. He could be very stressed out.

5. JohnFritts

JohnFritts Peppermint Shrimp

Diet / Fish Food : Primarily an herbivore and feeds on zooplankton in the wild. Try to give them a variety of marine foods but predominantly marine algae. Having plenty of live rock for them to graze on goes a long way. They should accept vitamin enriched flake foods, frozen and definitely live foods.

Mine loved broccoli and seaweed strips.

gl.

-fritts

6. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

i feed mine brine and green sea weed. it sounds like its stressed out. Mine schools with my yellow tangs as well as the brown tang. if I startle them when I turn the light on in the room or something like that he is the first to b line into the lr. It took mine about a week to really start moving around the tank. Alos I when put mine in ran my atnic lights and not the white ones I was told you can even keep the tank dark and run the lights for short times to help the stress level. Dont know if its true but mine got ick at first and did these steps and it was happy in no time. Good luck

Mirandaco