AB Phosphate Filter

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by hottielover14, Aug 20, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. hottielover14

hottielover14 Torch Coral

That is what the website said about it. Does nebody have one or has any insights about it. It looks neat but i wonder if it really works.

Bypass filter for the elimination of phosphate

The phosphate filter is a compact chemical filtration chamber for aquarium use. It can be installed in line with any standard canister filter, or via a separate pump. The phosphate filter contains 1 litre of antiphos. This reduces the level of phosphate and thereby curtails the growth of filamentous algae. Depending on the phosphate level, one filling of antiphos may be sufficient for an aquarium up to 100 gallons for between four and twelve weeks. The phosphate filter can be used for fresh and salt water aquaria.

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I see the next big debate on RC now.

There seems to be a big push for "Phosphate Reactors' these days. I believe there is a Sponge based on an Iron Oxide that is even more effective. But the bottom line is; is zero Phophates good for corals. IMO some Phoshate in low amounts is good for coral (SPS) Growth.

4. hottielover14

so r u saying that this doesn't remove phosphates. should somebody get a phosphate remover.

5. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

No it removes Phosphates but do you really want zero Phosphate in your tank?

6. hottielover14

isn't it good to have 0 phosphates and 0 nitrates