A new beginning

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by JohnO, Jul 28, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

2. Click Here!

3. beamer

beamer Sea Dragon

It's Duncanopsammia axifuga

Thanks John, now say that 10 times real fast! ::)
    Cindy

4. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

OK Whiskers Coral Whiskers Coral Whiskers Coral Whiskers Coral Whiskers Coral Whiskers Coral Whiskers Coral Whiskers Coral Whiskers Coral Whiskers Coral

John :)

5. beamer

beamer Sea Dragon

6. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Well I promised to keep the pics coming so here are 3 more. Tank was starte end July so I guess we are now 3 months further on :)

I'll post some more info of my adventure so far below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Well! You like Big Stuff I see!

Looks great! I like the linkia!

8. Click Here!

9. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

OK, now for the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Soon after the initial Ammonia and Nitrite spike I added a small yellow tailed blue Damsel. He was ( note I wrote WAS), a good fish and not very aggressive and then a tiny yellow speckled box fish. Also added some coral which came with a mantis shrimp. Unfortunately, mainly through my own stupidity the boxfish died. It was eating well, at least I thought it was as it always had big chunks of food hanging out of it's mouth, but one morning I found it dead. No marks, wounds or anything, just dead. I can only assume that its tiny mouth was not able to pass enough food through for it to survive. Ahh well, we all live and learn aye.

Soon after the demise of the boxfish I bought a hawkfish and a Niger Trigger, what a great fish, lots of personality and wasn't at all destructive and seemed happy and healthy. Then came the dogfaced puffer that someone asked me to look after for a while. A bit more aggressive as it completely ate one of my soft corals but thankfully left the other corals alone. It used to spit water at me and I even scrubbed its back occassionally with my toothbruth while I was cleaning my rocks. Well, guess what, the bloody DF Puffer went belly up as well ( I think it was a really sick fish ). To make matters worse the Trigger and the Damsel decided to have a taste of the dead puffer and the poisoned themselves and died too. NOT HAPPY, well at least the hawkfish is OK as it seems not to have tasted the Puffer.

So, a few more corals ( including some softies ) and a Coral Beauty 3 weeks ago. Both fish are healthy and happy.

Apologies for so much at once, next post about the tank and not the animals

JOhn

10. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

I just hate it when that happens. Crap. :'( :-/

Karma for you and Happy Thanksgiving ! (guess you are not really celebrating that there but, good wishes anywho) Goin to bed now. ...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

11. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Is that starfish real? Its sooooo Blue...ooooo thats cool John. Whats it called? Blue star prolly huh?

j

12. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Good night BL :)

Jay, You guess! LOL

OK, I have to admit it, I give all my animals names, some appropriate, some not :)

The starfish is a blue linkia starfish and is named Gumby