A new beginning

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by JohnO, Jul 28, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Well I got my new tank a while ago and have been spending the last few weekends staining and finishing the cabinet.

Put substrate and water in it over the weekend and it is temporarily running until this weekend when I intend to top up the water, place the heater and pumps etc in their permanent position.

Here 'tis

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Just to clarify a bit :)

Most of the rock is old rock from a previous tank that I saved, it has been baking in the sun for quite a while ( that's why it is so white )  I have added just one piece of live rock that you can probably see in the centre.

Once I find somewhere that can host a few more close up pictures I will post them as well.

John

4. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Looks nice John ;) Did You Make The Stand? ........... John

5. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

John,

I was going to make the stand, as I have before, but ended up buying the stand, tank and hood for a good price. In fact it would have cost me a lot more to make it myself. :)

John

6. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

John LOOKS GOOD I like it next to the fire place nice choice in placement................ John

7. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

Thanks John,

The house I live in is rented and I'm not sure how long I will be staying. That's the main reason I chose a tank of this size and configuration. In case I need to move in 12 months time I really don't want to have to tear down and re-establish a large tank.

For the same reason, I thought it would be an opportunity to experiment a bit and keep a picture chronicle of what happens to the tank on a weekly basis.

I'm not talking about keeping a chronicle of water conditions or anything like that but rather a graphic example of what tank looks like, up close and from a distance, as it go through the initial cycle and beyond.

I also hope to do things a little differently to maybe prove, or at least convince myself, that not everything that some people tell you is VITAL is necessarily true at all.

John :)

8. Click Here!

9. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

...and because I know that you all love seeing pictures of rock :) And because I need to test the image hosting service, here is a close up picture.

[​IMG]

10. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

OOOOHHHH AAAAHHHHHHHH :eek: Nice rock ;) ;D LOL ..................... John

11. somethingfishy

somethingfishy Purple Spiny Lobster

I hope you already know that most things you heard in this hobby are very opinionated.

JMHO

btw Thank you for all your opinionated help JohnO

12. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

There is a big difference between opinion and experience. Some folk turn their opinions into facts, these are the people I was referring to. Fortunately they do not exist on this forum, but if they do appear, I will disappear.

btw, Nice sarcasm, it suits you :)

John