A Look at the ReefSpectrum P47 LED Light

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, Nov 19, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

looks like a little issue with the hanging hardware and cords.

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Good eye G! :surprised
    I hope they are on that.

4. Kordova

Kordova Astrea Snail

For such a well thought out design they definitely skipped on that one... I agree I hope they come out with a bracket of some sort; can't see that phone jack holding up very long like that... :uhoh:

5. zesty

zesty Sailfin Tang

Yeah, I can picture about 3 different ways to avoid those cords right away. Not saying my ideas would be the best.

I did see this light and I was in aww of the carbon fiber and the build of this light. I had to run my hand over the carbon fiber body. Then I got dragged away saying "you already have leds" arrrrg! haha

6. Kordova

Kordova Astrea Snail

Aw-man them wife's always ruin the fun, not even giving you a chance to dream about it. Nope... Your dreams are crushed even before that thought crosses your mind. It's as if they know what we're thinking.... If they're nice they'll let you have the aww ya moment... Haha

The thing to take away from this fixture is maybe cast your own carbon fiber enclosure. I can't see making a mould would be to difficult and mixing epoxy isn't to hard, it's just like fiberglassing.

Oh the possibilities lol

On the bracket side of things, I pictured a few ways myself, hopefully they catch that sooner then later. I can see customers pretty upset if they catch on to this.