A Kessil A150W LED Close Up

Discussion in '3reef Radar' started by Matt Rogers, May 18, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ahsan111222

ahsan111222 Plankton

agreed

I was very close to buying the ecoxotic canon LED for my 75g cube I have cycling right now. I couldn't even find a place to pre-order these except the eco-city from singapore! But I have 2 pre ordered from neptune aquatics and They said I was one of the first to get on the pre orders so I am excited!! :) They told me mid june is when the next shipment should be in and The demand has been incredibly high so who knows how many of the pre orders will be filled but I have my fingers crossed I will get my 2! should be good timing to just about 2+ months of cycling the DSB and dry rock I had in there mixed with some rubble live rock from my other corner tank. I could have paid for my wedding almost by now with all the $$ I have spent in the last year on this hobby :( lol

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Don't think about the money. Enjoy it. :)
    1st round with these lamps there were only a few hundred - the next round this month will be a few thousand!
    Send a PM when you get yours and post some pics.
    Cool lamps.

matt

4. ahsan111222

ahsan111222 Plankton

I will :) From all the hype and waiting I have done for these lights I plan on taking TONS of pictures lol I just dished out 600 for a NIKON DSLR camera so I can have show these off as best as possible.... You would think I'm some kind of rep lol but for everything I put to the side to wait for these lights to start a perfect reef setup I hope they look amazing! :) I will update <2weeks now hopefully

5. NeptuneAquatics

NeptuneAquatics Plankton

I think you will like the Kessil a lot Ahsan. The growth/color on our display tank has been pretty impressive since we made the switch over to it.

6. duoc9119

duoc9119 Coral Banded Shrimp

Those are some very cool lights. 150 watts for LEDs? Am I missing something here? That's about the same energy consumption as a MH, and I thought LEDs were the way to go to get the same if not better performance than MH with less energy.

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

They are not 150 watts. They are about 36 watts. The name makes more sense in the horticulture market than the aquarium market where it is a misnomer and they have received some jazz for it. It refers to being equivalent to a 150w halide in terms of spread and growth. All of this and more details toward the end of my first post.

matt

8. Click Here!

9. ahsan111222

ahsan111222 Plankton

still waiting :(

Kessil is sure making me antsy... :( Waiting since march and then june and then mid june and now july! I'm surprised the company has not issued any statements to all these customers? If they push back any further than the first week of july after the holiday I may have to consider something else :( sadly!! hopefully all will work out. Anybody else hear anything?

10. NeptuneAquatics

NeptuneAquatics Plankton

I think everybody is pretty antsy right now...lol. We just got words from them few days ago that the fixtures "may" come in another week or so.

11. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Ugh. Let us know when you get them.

12. NeptuneAquatics

NeptuneAquatics Plankton

When you come to the shop again, I'll tell ya Matt...;D

Otherwise, only people that paid get the update....;D