A horror story about a coral vendor called Aznutty...

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Va Reef, Oct 22, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frost

Frost Plankton

if things are dying at a show, i always give them away to hobbiest and say the same thing every time. " heres a freebie and if it lives great if it dies then it had a better chance with you since you live closer" i do this at every show when something doesn't look good. i have provided refunds and exchanges to customers that have stuff die on them after they have gotten them from me, this is the only reason why i have 5 stars on my facebook page is because i do care about what i do and do my best to provide good products at an affordable price. i wouldn't be in business after 4 years if i did what was stated on this post. but because it was stated as factual, that affects my business in a big way. normally at a show i have less then 5% of stuff die and i bring a lot to every show. there was only two shows where i had a massive loss and it was macna and mamax both dealing with acros

Armydog and SGflyboy like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. Benjamin Mace

Benjamin Mace Plankton

This thread was brought to my attention just now by a friend as it seems to have resurfaced recently. I run MAMAX here in Virginia. I'm not sure who the Chesapeake local is who started the thread, but I would like to say that I in no way confirmed, claimed, eluded to or even mentioned that Frost had thrown livestock away after our show during any of the 3 years he participated in it. If something was said to that fact, please message me since you mentioned we were friends.

However, as someone who runs the show and attended MACNA, I can say that Frost did expand his display quite a bit last year and at both MACNA and MAMAX and had livestock in individual containers which presented problems for himself and surrounding vendors. I was personally told by multiple vendors that this was upsetting and they would not return if this continued to happen. As a compromise, we added new terms around the treatment of the animals brought to our show since we are trying to support and encourage sustainability through our charity.

These terms state that any animals that are brought to be sold or displayed must be placed within heated, circulated and filtered containers. They may not be prepackaged before the show to speed up checkout either. Frost will be joining us again this October and understands our position. I can't speak to other shows.

Frost has been a great supporter at our show, he's friendly, knowledgeable and while I have seen him have his setbacks (as all of us in this business have) I believe he is getting better as his business grows. Frost and the other vendors attending our show have not thrown away living livestock. As it was mentioned earlier, this makes zero sense to anyone who cares about this hobby, the planet or their own business. Again, I'm just confirming that I did not see this happen and what will be happening at my show in the future.

mlott132, Corailline and Armydog like this.
  4. Frost

Frost Plankton

another false statement. i was never banned from macna or mamax

5. Bruce PSL FL

Bruce PSL FL Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I have personally bought off Frost at two swaps recently. Rap in Orlando and a swap in west palm beach. I am friends with another vendor and helped them to the end. I never saw Frost throw anything away and in fact bought something from him as he was packing it up. I will continue to visit his tables as he has great deals even my friends aren't able to get.

6. Msaks61

Msaks61 Plankton

I don't go to shows/swaps. I do know the man you are talking about and have known for a very,very long time. I wonder if the person saying these things, is reliable. If you have questions or a problem, just ask him!!! Dont go by what someone has said.

7. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Bj, I was told by Kim that he wouldn't be allowed back after the show last year.

8. Click Here!

9. RyanSweet

RyanSweet Plankton

May not make a difference but I feel like I have to say that anytime I have seen Aznnutty at our shows here in Indianapolis (INDMAS), he has taken care of all of his livestock to the best of his abilities. I have bought multiple pieces from him and only 2 didn't make it for the long haul. I believe that the originator of this post is mistaken and might want to get all the facts before publicizing something that could ruin a business. Yes, there are losses in this hobby and I would love to see it become aquacultured/tank raised only, but the reality is that we haven't gotten to that point yet. If someone is uncomfortable with the impact our hobby has on the environment then I respect that, but don't spread "possible" truths until you have all the facts.

10. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

i will say all the corals I bought from him are doing well now, but none of the dying pieces I bought were given to me with any such message. I didn't pay marked prices but they sure weren't free.

The dumpster outside of the show had live coral in it. I've been doing this long enough to know the difference between skeletons and live coral.

DSC reef likes this.
  11. Frost

Frost Plankton

this is my basement, check out the coralline algae that covers the bottom, look at my corals and tell me why i would throw out live corals!! all my time and money invested in corals to throw them out???? i did put out 30 sps away because they died before the show started. when they flesh is off the skeleton then theres no way i can sell them. that was my second attempt to travel with sps. i have no idea what when wrong with that box and it had a few star fish in the same box. i don't know if my employee had lotion on her hands, or if the box got to hot or what ever but they were surely dead. did i want them to die and lose hundreds of hard earned money? no

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

More than anything I appreciate the passion for the hobby coming from both views.

We can all agree that we love this hobby and care for the creatures we acquire.

For now this thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.