A horror story about a coral vendor called Aznutty...

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Va Reef, Oct 22, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carmelpi

Carmelpi Plankton

Hi there. Aznutty was a vendor at my swap the weekend following MACNA this year.

According to both him and another vendor who was at MACNA, he had a significant loss of livestock from the trip. That is what he threw out. I wouldn't just take his word for it except the other vendor also corroborated his story.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure he would not be in business for very long if he had to buy all new stock before each event. Seriously now. It's just common sense.

Third, he does have a web presence. Quite a few of the vendors we have dealt with have facebook pages instead of a formal web store. Which is what he has.

https://m.facebook.com/Aznnutty?tsid=0.3177557827439159&source=typeahead

I can also attest to the fact that I personally watched him pack up all of his stock after the swap to bring back home to his tanks. Nothing went into the dumpster.

One of my local club members posted the link to this thread in our local forums which is how I found it. I felt that I should step forward with my experiences with Aznnutty as a swap organizer. Why? Because I'd hate to see someone's livelihood ruined because of a witch hunt. Which to be honest, sounds kind of like what you've got going on here.

Armydog, Dmann and mlott132 like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. DBOSHIBBY

DBOSHIBBY Sleeper Shark

So did he really get banned from the venues?

4. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

I should have clarified. At MACNA, he kept all his acro specimens in 12oz plastic containers for the duration of the show (a two day event). Did he really expect to keep them alive like that for two or three days? Is this responsible keeping? I don't recall hearing about him leaving with anything alive.

At MAMAX (local to Virginia beach Virginia) I can confirm from multiple vendors, and the person who runs the show, that he threw away LIVE animals.

I'm friends with the organizer for our show, and without a doubt he is not allowed back. As for MACNA, due to his irresponsible method displaying his acros, and the significant loss of life which is not just a coincidence, I had heard from many vendors that he is not allowed back.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    DSC reef likes this.
  5. Va Reef

Va Reef Giant Squid

Excuse me for "witch-hunting" someone who knowingly throws away live coral and inverts or makes no attempt to keep them alive, even if it's just once (though that's at least two cases that I can say beyond a doubt are accurate)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    Piano10, DSC reef and April Hope like this.
  6. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  7. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

If anyone has more info. on this we would be happy to hear it.:)

DSC reef and April Hope like this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

I dont have information from Macna, but we had this particular vendor at our swap a few years ago. he showed up with tubs and no way to keep them at temperature. Unfortunately it got cool that night and we had issues with the HVAC systems during the overnight hours after setup and before opening. He blamed the club for his losses and will not be invited back to our local event again.

DSC reef likes this.
  10. bland8126

bland8126 Astrea Snail

He should be fined for animal cruelty!

DSC reef likes this.
  11. ezz1r

ezz1r Feather Star

Lucky for him I would have taken them all if I had seen him do that !!!

12. Windy

Windy Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

What should we do about all of those out there raising fish. They cull more than half of what is spawned.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2015
    Corailline likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.