A Few Of My Fish

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Wrassman, Mar 11, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Wrassman

Wrassman Peppermint Shrimp

I might as well stick a picture of my Flame Angel in here. I have tried just about every kind of Pygmy Angel (Centropyge sp.) that there is. Mainly because I love angels. I have kept Queen Angels, Rock Beauties, French Angels, Koran Angels, and my all-time favorite angel, the Vermiculated Angelfish (Chaetodontoplus mesoleucus). One of these days, I will get another one of those beauties. [smiley=stars.gif] If you would like to see a picture of a Vermiculated Angelfish, click here.

So, I suppose it is because of my love for the large angels that keeps me trying to keep a small angel in a reef. Until now, every specimin has been a failure. Sometimes within a few hours, I knew it wasn't going to work. The Coral Beauty, for example, as soon as it was acclimated, began tearing into a brain coral like there was no tomorrow. I could not get the fish out of the tank fast enough to save the coral. ::)

But, I haven't give up. My latest experiement has bee going on for over 5 months now and so far, "Tigger" has been a model citizen. He has not picked at any corals at all, while I've been watching. And he is not nearly as aggressive as "BoBo" and "Moby." He loves his veggies and his brine and mysis, and hasn't developed a taste for coral.... yet.

Here's my favorite picture of "Tigger." My wife, a big Winnie the Pooh fan when she was a kid, name him. She just said, "they look alike." ;D

[​IMG]

One key factor that I feel needs to be mentioned, I keep my fish well-fed. I feed them at least once, some times twice a day. That is the whole reason I have an algae problem, I know, but it is also the reason I can keep so many fish in a 58g tank full of corals, and not have a problem. Feeding your fish is very important.