A few algea issues, i need help! IM getting frustrated

Discussion in 'Algae' started by wkbrdr1661, Nov 8, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Hello, after reading through everything here is what I suggest. Since we are not 100% sure if it is Dino or Cyano, only have your a light cycle of about 6-8 hours of total light for 1-2 weeks (at least 10 days). Purchase "Red Slime Remover" (or Chemi-clean, but I have had better success with "Red Slime Remover") and follow the directions. You may need to do 2 cycles of the product, the directions tell you what to do, follow them precisely, the stuff does work. If you have Cyano you will be all set if it isn't, no harm done, it won't hurt your tank. Also, reduce feeding to every 3rd day for the entire 10-14 days of the restricted light period.
    I believe you will see progress with this plan.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. wkbrdr1661

wkbrdr1661 Purple Spiny Lobster

Thanks -

I actually did the redslime remover last night. It already made a big difference.

All of the bubbles are gone (they were before i did the treatment actually) so if it was dino - i guess its gone.

I will change my lighting period...

Thanks again

4. wkbrdr1661

wkbrdr1661 Purple Spiny Lobster

3 months at my place. I got it on CL as a complete up and running system. It had been up around a year.

I had no cycle at all from the move.

New sand bed was all i changed out

....i did add a bunch of dry base rock a few weeks ago. IDK if that could have had any effect