-_-

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by levi, Oct 17, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. levi

levi Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

was doing a bit of a rescape an hour ago, grabbed hold of a rock the top and bottom, little did i know my banded urchin was under it, yeah ouch :/ squeezed the thing, so anyway, whats the best way to treat these things?

2. Click Here!

3. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Is there anything stuck in your hand still? If not then rinse it real good with some peroxide if you have it or any other rinse and bandage it up.

4. levi

levi Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

they're all stll in there, i heard your body will just dissolve them? is it essential i get them out

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Cleanse with the hottest water you can stand and some soap.

Apply a topical antibiotic cream that you get over the counter, only if you have no allergies to antibiotics.

Monitor for redness and swelling. Seek immediate medical help if you experience spreading redness or fever. Do not leave until you are seen my an infectious disease MD.

While the chances of infection are small, you need to be proactive.

This advice comes from someone who almost lost a dear friend secondary to a scratch from LR and the resulting infection. As well as a critical care nurse for 12 years, which would be me.:)

1 person likes this.
  6. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

K plus for that one corriline! I did it also about a year ago trying to pick one up to move and got it good.

7. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

I have heard of using vinegar to help dissolve the spines.