911 dialed today...

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by bmshehan, Feb 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JohnFritts

JohnFritts Peppermint Shrimp

Yea, my mom and sister live next door... My sister just turned 16... Let's see her try to sneak out of the house... ahahahaha

-fritts

2. Click Here!

3. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Thanks all for the replys. My buddy said to keep it loaded and get a small gun safe for under the bed with the big numbers on it. That way if you are scared the big numbers are easy to punch in. I have a 12 guage Mossberg and a .22 longrifle but I don't keep them loaded for the simple fact that MOST gun accidents happen with guns that "aren't loaded" (people think they aren't loaded). I'm going tomorrow for the permit, $125 for a lifetime license is a deal. Simple background check and a couple week waiting period and you are done.

I already talked to my wife and she doesn't mind shooting, she is actually a good shot with the 12 guage at clay pigeons! I figured I would make sure she shot it several times a year. Was thinking about a 9 for home protection. I want a .357 for hunting but she would be too scared of it to target shoot:p

4. bmshehan

Oh and I have trigger/chamber locks for the guns but my friend on SWAT said that keeping it loaded with a lock is more dangerous, plus if you are fumbling to find a key then try to put it in the hole while you think someone is in the house isn't the best way. Gun safe it is:). As far as the security system I haven't looked into prices yet. I live in a really safe neighborhood, he said they rarely get calls like that in my neighborhood, and he has never had one be an actual robbery.

5. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

Maybe I'm just paranoid since my whole family basically works in the security field (cctv,alarms,fire,etc.). I think down here in Miami you're crazy if you don't have an alarm.

6. bmshehan

What's a roundabout price for what those things run?? The dog would wake me up, and if I had a handgun in a safe I feel I would be safe, but I am willing to explore my options... my dog is kinda lazy after all!

7. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Benelli's are very nice, Still the only gun in the world that shoots so fast that when the last round is being ejected the first one still hasn't hit the ground? They are still pricey thought. Surgeon? The only way they are leaving is in a hearst. I learned a long time ago. Better to be judged by 12, than to be carried by 6. In an era that the person breaking in, can then turn around and sue you for defending your life & property. I'm all set!

8. Click Here!

9. bmshehan

The funny thing is I just watched a self defense show last night at the inlaws and they did some experiments to see what damage different loads would do with a 12 guage... the buckshot and slug went through 2 walls plus an exterior wall while the birdshot barely went through 1 wall, but would still do the trick! Less damage to property would be better I guess!!;D

10. ComputerJohn

They make a pistol safes, that work very easy & FAST for the user of the gun. One is that your hand goes one it, & with your finger tips you enter the combination sequence. The other is a finger print reader. When granted, it opens up fast.

11. ComputerJohn

Simply the BEST!

12. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

Im not actually sure, Ill have to ask my uncle tomorrow. I know that big companies make their money from monitoring fees, so that's going to be the long term cost (around $30-40 a month). That why big companies install the alarm for cheap but make the money back on monitoring.

Ill let you know tomorrow.If your on a budget the shotgun will do, if not you can get both :laugh3: