90 Gallon Wave Front Build (A LOT OF PICTURES)

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by scott26, Mar 30, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scott26

scott26 Ritteri Anemone

Thanks, It was a good idea and saved me $20.00 for the Two Little Fishes one.

2. Click Here!

3. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

I love magnets and zip-ties. Great idea!

4. ViPete1985

ViPete1985 Astrea Snail

How did u get the front piece of wood curved like that??

5. vawdka

vawdka Coral Banded Shrimp

In the 5th picture down you can see that there are relief cuts in the wood so that it can bend easier it's a neat trick to get the wood to bend easier without breaking.

6. scott26

scott26 Ritteri Anemone

I used a technique called Kerfing if you look a little further in the thread you can see some detailed pictures of the process.

7. scott26

scott26 Ritteri Anemone

August 18th 2011 Update

Well it has been a while since my last update so I have one for you all in picture format of course.

First off are some shot of all the fish, the Yellow Tang and the Desjardini Tang are getting along well every now and then they get into a chase I also added some critters. The first one was a Spotted Goby however he has been secluded into his rock since my Six Line like to chase him (might have to remove the Six Line). I also added a Blood Shrimp he is one of my favorite critters with his dark red coloring and white spots, however they like to hide so it’s hard to get a picture.
    FISH PICTURES:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can you see him?
    [​IMG]

I also have many shot of my coral which are continuing to grow out. I don’t dose (yet) all I do is a water change every so often I plan to get the BRS small DIY kit. I also added a new coral not sure what kind of Zoa it is but it has a yellow/green polyp with a purple center (see picture). I have also been fragging some stuff when I have the chance, a mini frogspawn and some green Zoas.
    CORAL PICTURES:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ID?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

WOW! I hope you browser and PC can handle all this! LOL. Now onto the scrubber update. I had originally had it plumbed via ½” barbed fittings with ½” line. This was an issue that I hadn’t thought about on initial start up, but it was restricting my flow (around 150 GPH). So I changed that out for some ¾” fittings with 1” tubing, and talk about an improvement! I am at around 350+ GPH now good thing I have an overrated pump.

I also changed out the two 100 watt CFL bulbs for two 150 CFL bulbs this brought up my actual watts from 46 to 84 much closer to my 90 gallon aquarium, and it has already started to look better from last night’s cleaning (see pictures).
    SCRUBBER PICTURES:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After Cleaning:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. scott26

scott26 Ritteri Anemone

10. scott26

scott26 Ritteri Anemone

My next project 225! Another great deal.

[​IMG]

11. exactlyobp

exactlyobp Giant Squid

^ WHAT!!?? Nice score!!! You gonna get to keep the sailfin a bit longer then!

12. scott26

scott26 Ritteri Anemone

I hope so but don't know how it is all going to go down yet since I am going to be moving so this 225 wont be set up for a while.