90 Gallon Wave Front Build (A LOT OF PICTURES)

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by scott26, Mar 30, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Love your wood work. I threw this on the homepage. You mentioned Wet Pets - are you a Northern Cali guy too?

2. Click Here!

3. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

In 4 years I have had to handle 7 warranty claims with those tanks. I think it has something to do with how the pressure affects of the curvature of the front panel.

The larger companies are the ones to more likely sell a defective design knowingly.

4. scott26

scott26 Ritteri Anemone

Where is the homepage? lol... lots to navagate. I am not in northern cali I am more central it is in arroyo grande,ca right near san luis obispo.

Well lets hope it all gets done right with this one then! lol ;) from what I can tell the slicone seems to be in perfect shape so I guess we will just have to see.

5. scott26

scott26 Ritteri Anemone

Found it on the homepage Matt. Thanks!

6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

No problem. Great job!

7. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Just subscribed.. So, what next on this episode of "This Old Tank"?? LOL.. ;D

8. Click Here!

9. ComputerJohn

Shhhhh... No bad juju.... :cheesy:

10. scott26

scott26 Ritteri Anemone

Okay I was able to get a little bit more done last night after I gave the biscuts time to dry I over night. I have now cut off the extra with a jigsaw to get it down a good amount. I then used a planer to get the unlevel doors to be around the same height at least enough to sand smooth that way they are all uniform the same and I dont have to run them trough a table saw now which was going to be a little difficult with a large curve like this :).

Pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see I have the doors clamped with a piece of wood the reason I did that is because I put to much of a curve in with the biscuts so the doors dont match the curve of the top and bottom wood which was bothering me so since they doors still had cracks in them from where they are connected with biscuts I used some wood and clampes and put glue down the cracks and used clamps to get them to bend back I will let them dry today before I work with them again.

Also I thought it would be good to get some full tank and stand shots also one with me in it to give you guys some perspective on how large the aquarium and stand are. Now remember I am a pretty tall guy standing at 6'2" so the overall height of the aquarium setup fits me pretty good so I don't have to bend down anymore. :D

Pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. scott26

scott26 Ritteri Anemone

I hate my camera. Always blurry without a darn flash.

12. ComputerJohn

Looks amazing!!

1 person likes this.