90 Gallon Wave Front Build (A LOT OF PICTURES)

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by scott26, Mar 30, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Wow. Incredible craigslist score. That stand looks awesome. Great job so far. Looking forward to see how this tank progresses.

2. Click Here!

3. slocal

slocal Doot!

I remember being jealous of you when you posted that CL score on CCRK. Your woodwork has been top notch. You should show off your canopy that you made for your 55g too!

K+

4. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

Beautiful looking tank my friend!

5. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Very cool! Congrats on the purchase, that stand looks great.

6. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Awesome craftsmanship on the stand!! That was one of the things that stopped me from a wavefront was not knowing how to build one...Props on the project!!

7. scott26

scott26 Ritteri Anemone

Thanks, Yea I dont know of many of them out there it has been a learning curve so far. I am still undecided on the background I am thinking either a dark blue or black still not sure though.

Yea I like the overflow system alot with all of its benfits I had to try it out. This stand should be able to hold a tank three times it weight. :D

Yea with CL find was sure a nice one it really helped to convince the wife to let me get all of it going :D to bad she doesn't know the skimmer is going to cost about 150 bucks.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. scott26

scott26 Ritteri Anemone

Dang 2 pages already I didn't even see all these other comments okay let me get started. :)

10. scott26

scott26 Ritteri Anemone

Thanks!

Yea I will have to copy that thread too... Since you like it so much maybe you should buy the set of me? :)

Thanks!

I got lucky with this CL add I must have been looking for over 3 months.

Yea that was a very different way of going about it good thing someone else had built it just before me so they could figure out all the things to do and not to do.

11. scott26

scott26 Ritteri Anemone

Okay well I have been able to get some more done on the stand.

Started out by going over to mlogdon's place to biscut in a door panel since I didn't have enough wood to fill the above hole. Got there and biscuted the doors but it was to difficult to try and put them together with clamps because it was a curve it would never be able to tighten so when I got home I just put them in the stand and shimmed them in place to hold it while the gule dried it is not a really tight fit like the others but I will just fill it with some more glue to make it strong and then some wood filler to make it look good.

[​IMG]

I also was able to sell the above 40 gallon critter cage to a guy around my area for 100 bucks so I just made back my purchase price with a 25 dollar profit! lol. But after I got that money I stopped by Wet Pets our LFS and picked up a cheap 40 gallon for a sump. It has a center brace on top which I don't like so I may remove it I dont see why they added it to suck a small tank, seems kinda pointless to me.

I also had to redo the bottom board that holds the sump because I sanded the on ehtat I had down and it started to peel so I just used another piece of scrap that I had left over from my canopy build on my 55 gallon. And since a friend let me barrow his biscut cutter was able to biscuit them together and make a new bottom peice.

It's really starting to look like a real aquarium now. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I also renforced the doors some more so that they can hold thier shape easier I used the biscut tool and cut into the top and bottom on the doors where they join at in order to put a biscut there so that they keep there form. I will jigsaw off the extra biscut later and sand it soomth. This step sure does make these doors nice and strong. :)

[​IMG]

I am going to have to get some good pictures up with my real camera later today hopfully so that way you guys can see them in better detail of this project. Wish I would have been using that from the begining. Oh well.

12. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Just a little FYI, those tanks like to spring leeks.

Great stand. I can't wait to see the finished product.