90 Gallon Build

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by PghSteeler, Nov 26, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. PghSteeler

PghSteeler Tassled File Fish

First it was a 46 gallon build, then a 65 gallon upgrade, then a filter crash that almost took me out of the hobby. Instead of leaving, not only am I going to rebuild the tank I'm just going to upgrade again! This time everything will be almost new so time for a new build thread.

I bought a 90 gallon reef ready tank today. I looked at the 75 and they just look too squished, I know we don't really consider height on tanks in fish selection but the extra water volume does allow for more fish and the tank just looks nicer. It will be nice to finally go with a 4ft tank over the 3ft I'm used to. Should open up a lot of new possibilities for fish selection as well as aquascaping. I am also finally going to take the dive and join the sump club. After running without one since I started reefing I am really looking forward to have a sump to hide equipment, open up possibilities for different equipment, add water volume, and a space to have some algaes growing and for a new fish to help acclimate and make sure they're eating.

I think I am going to get a lot of enjoyment out of this new build as I have learned a lot from previous experiences. Any tips or suggestions you guys have in sump selection/building and future stocking possibilities would be appreciated. This is going to be a slower build then before due to money. Tank ordered today, still have to build the stand and stain and order rock to aquascape.

2. Click Here!

3. Billme

Billme Eyelash Blennie

Get a nice big sump. You'll be happy you did.