8 year old pepper sprayed?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by clarky2120, Apr 6, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

dude. I dont need to have experienced it. remember where talking about 1 8 year old child vrs multiple adult highly trained police officers. and those massive feats of adrenaline you speak of, are in cases of massive truama such as life or death circumstances when massive amount of adrenaline are forced through the bloodstream. thes was hardly the case. Even if it where possible, nothing about this case showed evidence of the kid having supernatural powers. I have an 8 year old and 3 nephews ages 10 12 & 17, so I do know a little. All of them play football and are decent in strength.

I will go ahead and be the bad guy of 3reef now but Im not sure how old you guys are...but if your my age or younger by a few, and you cant disarm an 8 year old kid under those circumstances....you seriously need to go and hit the weight room...or karate lessons. somthing. Nothing you say will justify that not being the case.

sorry.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. PetMother

PetMother Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Hubby and I saw him live and OMG I was in tears. Totally made fun of Montana because it never stops snowing here :lol:

Send the kid here and I'll put him in the mountains for a week. Well see how fast his attitude changes.;D

4. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

Anthony I think you missed the point. Why should a police officer risk injuring himself at all? Do you go to work every day with a high risk of getting killed or having to deal with these nut cases that are out there?
    We ask enough of these guys already. Also I think you need to look up adrenaline and see what it can do to your strength. You don't think that kids adrenaline was going ARE YOU SERIOUS? ::)

1 person likes this.
  5. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

I dunno Vinny. I mean, really, why should LEO risk injury? It's the nature of the job.

I do not agree that what we can ask of law enforcement is capped.

How different would this thread have gone if it wasn't LEO, but a teacher that pepper sprayed the maniac kid? Would we feel the teacher has less right? I mean, it's not in the teacher's job description to deal with nuts...

Absolutely, yes, without question, LEO should risk injury to protect the people that are not allowed to protect themselves. It is LEO's sworn duty.

These two LEO's, trained to deal with hostile threats deal with adrenaline and PCP enraged perps and are trained to do so; often without sprays.

The popular myth of superman adrenaline... lady did not lift a car like superman; the lady raised a single rear wheel of a rather small hatchback car enough so someone else could pull out the stuck individual. It's on snopes.com. I know people that can do that without adrenaline.

Adrenaline certainly raises the bar. No doubt. And I'm quite sure this kid was feeling it. Physics will continue to apply.

I'm with Banthony - I'm not saying what LEO did was wrong; it wasn't. But he did have an option. There is no way two grown men, with training, couldn't subdue an 8 yr old with a stick. Enraged or not.

My goodness, are we trying to argue that every enraged 8 yr old can only be subdued with chemical weapons? ::) How many times has this situation not made the news bc pepper spray wasn't used?

6. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

I didnt miss the point. If you go back in threads youll see that I actually took the officers side in the whole pepperspray issue. However i dont believe at all it was because they "couldnt contain him" I can almost garuntee that. These guys have taking dowm much more dangerous criminals than 8 years, withou the use of pepperspray, i can promise that.

and yes the kids adrenaline was going, but it unlikely was enough to make him unmanegable by those men in blue.
    The cops sprayed the child to teach him somthing. (This was not the first incident the cops had to be called on the kid)

7. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

a 12 or 13 year old kid....that is a (rare) possibilty.

8. Click Here!

9. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

IMO, the cops should be commended for looking out for the boys safety. Had they tried to subdue him with force, they may have hurt the poor child. can you imagine the por officer loosing his balance in the melee and landing on the bo breaking his arm. we would see him in the interview with a cast on. Had they tazed him, we would see him showing off the burn marks/redness from the tazer. There is not a mark on the boy from their actions and I commend them for that. A lot of though obviously went into this before they said, "Billy Bob, just spray the little bastard!" All I got to say next time he has a tantrum and someone breaks out a can of pepper spray, I bet he is able to control his anger then!

10. banthonyb71

banthonyb71 Millepora

and before this became famous there was the rumor of the man that lifted a a crashed helicopter off the ground to rescue his buddy. Clearly this was a feat of strength. However man lifted edge of helicopter landing gear of his buddy enough for somone else to free him. (there is video evidence of this)

Regaurdless, these are cases of adults in where one other major element (Testosterone) plays the major part in the adrenaline factor and how it increases strength in the bloodstream.

an 8 year old prehormone prepuberty would not come close to these levels of strength unless of coarse he was the son of Jor-El.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  11. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

I still think they should have used a taser. Not because they couldn't do it other ways but just think about how funny it would be to see a kid wielding a stick getting tased.

posted with tapatalk please ignore bad spelling and grammar

12. Jonreefy

Jonreefy Astrea Snail

Yeah it really is more the parents fault than the kid's. The parents really need to be sprayed too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.