8 year old pepper sprayed?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by clarky2120, Apr 6, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I didn't read the report but does this child have any mental issues like the boy that Curt described having worked with?

2. Click Here!

3. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I don't know. He states that he has anger issues and he doesn't think he's ever going to change.

4. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

Damn, all these years I though my dad was the originator of that statement!

Actually you have something there. I studied under Dr. Stephen Schoenthaler who is a world renowned criminalist who is an expert in how nutrition can influence behavior. In his opinion, many of these chemical imbalances in children can be curbed by providing a balanced diet with a low sugar content. He is very influential in the Criminal Justice world and has been a paid consuiltant in high profile cases such as the Scott Peterson and OJ Simpson cases.

That being said, it's not in the water. It's in the food!

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I'd be very interested to hear what a doctor would have to say. Some behaviors can't be "treated" with a parent's punishment after all.

1 person likes this.
  6. gcarroll

gcarroll Zoanthid

You might be on to something as well. So tell me, what do we try first? Take the kid to the doctor to zombify him with meds or good old fashioned discipline. It's obvious neither aproach has been tried.

7. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

I guess I'm just old fashioned. I would try discipline. However, I do like Zombie movies...

8. Click Here!

9. PackLeader

PackLeader Giant Squid

Size does not play a role in how safe or unsafe a taser is to use on someone. I would actually say that a taser would be safer to use on a child simply due to the fact a child is much less likely to have a pre-existing heart condition then am adult. But I wouldn't get caught up in the "worse case scenario" with either one. Complications are very rare. Pepper spray can kill too, if someone is allergic to peppers and goes into anaphelatic shock. But how often does that happen?

But speaking from experience, I personally would rather be hit with a taser than the spray (I have been hit with both). You pretty much feel fine shortly after the taser, but the pain from pepper spray lasts a good long while.

10. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:lol: I am a big fan of zombie movies as well. I suppose that a trip to the doctor's office would be my first priority, assuming that other "conventional" forms of discipline had already been tried (unsuccessfully).

11. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

No one said anything about "conventional." ;)

12. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I don't want to know what "unconventional" forms of discipline are being used on children these days :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.