*77 On Your Cell Phone

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by lunatik_69, Apr 3, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Some of you may already know this; but just wanted to make sure e1 has this info.

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]YOU MUST KNOW *77
    I knew about the red light on cars, but not the *77. It was about 1:00 p.m. in the afternoon, and Lauren was driving to visit a friend. An UNMARKED police car pulled up behind her and put his lights on. Lauren's parents have always told her never to pull over for an unmarked car on the side of the road, but rather to wait until they get to a gas station, etc.
    Lauren had actually listened to her parents advice, and promptly called *77 on her cell phone to tell the police dispatcher that she would not pull over right away. She proceeded to tell the dispatcher that there was an unmarked police car with a flashing red light on his rooftop behind her. The dispatcher checked to see if there were police cars where she was and there weren't, and he told her to keep driving, remain calm and that he had back up already on the way.
    Ten minutes later 4 cop cars surrounded her and the unmarked car behind her. One policeman went to her side and the others surrounded the car behind. They pulled the guy from the car and tackled him to the ground. The man was a convicted rapist and wanted for other crimes.
    I never knew about the *77 Cell Phone feature, but especially for a woman alone in a car, you should not pull over for an unmarked car. Apparently police have to respect your right to keep going to a safe&quiet place. You obviously need to make some signals that you acknowledge them (i.e. put on your hazard lights) or call *77 like Lauren did.
    Too bad the cell phone companies don't generally give you this little bit of wonderful information.
    *Speaking to a service representative at **Bell** Mobility confirmedthat *77 was a direct link to state trooper info. So, now it's your turn to let your friends know about *77.
    Send this to every woman (and person) you know; it may save a life. This applies to ALL 50 states
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

3 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

You must feel like helping people today!

4. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

My good deed of the day.

2 people like this.
  5. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

6. GeejEx

GeejEx Skunk Shrimp

7. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

ive been a cop for 16 years now and have recieved a few calls regarding situations similar to this. keep in mind the call only goes to a certain dispatch center and if there are other jurisdictions in the area they wont know whos who. better to play it safe. karma

while were on the subject google ms13

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  8. Click Here!

9. GeejEx

GeejEx Skunk Shrimp

I live in the SF bay and there's a lot of blocks with XIII spray painted on the curb. I try to stay on the other side, especially when it's been crossed out and XIV painted over it...

10. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

unfornutaly its nation wide, what happened to the good ole days

11. wildreef

wildreef Stylophora

karma' ! well ya just never know do ya.. maybe should some of the "panzy" politictions should up in all 50 and start capitol punishment' and get on with it ' and / or put these "pervs" away or perhaps castration would be in order ?..lol
    i always said'.. dealing with crime thses days ' it's time to get just as radical' in punishment as the criminal does , it may or may not "cure" the problem' but why should i have to toss good money away(taxes) on some schmuck that will never behave them slelves.
    take that perv out back some where'.. after the trial and "smke his a$$"..lol

12. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

colorado has an oh well law, if you break into a house with or without a weapon the owner can end your day with no problems in or out of the house, texas has a concealed weapon law, both states have a low crime rate.