75g Office Display Suggestions - FW

Discussion in 'Freshwater Aquariums' started by Ashevillian, Jul 4, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ashevillian

Ashevillian Pajama Cardinal

Hello everyone, it's been sometime since I have been to this beloved site. My reef tank is doing well, as is my FW 55 and 35g planted.

Well recently I took on a job to help a friend who works at a lawyers office. Their 75g tank apparently kills anything they have put in it, so I am going tomorrow to do water checks, and figure out their routine to find out why their fish keep dying.

If all goes as planned I was considering on making this a community cichlid tank. My concern is I am more the person to have only a few fish in a tank so they thrive. I do not follow the 1g 1" fish rule, I usually try to only have a few small numbers of fish in larger tanks, and it has worked out for me so far.

The thing with african cichlid tanks, is that because they are aggressive people suggest overcrowding to curb the aggression. I have read these people usually go with about 1.5"/2" of fish per every gallon.

Just wanted to hear some idears from the crowd :)

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

That is what I have seen. Go for a very oversized filter or change large amounts of water often.