750 gallon equipment need HELP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by LordLion, Apr 15, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. LordLion

LordLion Plankton

Any of you know wher I they tell how to make a 750 gallon skimmer and filter or could one of you tell me how or aleast where to buy one at a good cost I was going to get a 300 but I've changed my mind to a 750 gallon;D;D;D;D;D

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

a asm g6 does 1200 gallons, its good to get a bigger skimmer

there priced around 700 dollars + shipping

4. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I wouldn't make a skimmer unless you know what you are doing, they are a very important piece of equipement and you want it to function properly.

5. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

i agree
    the pumps are the most important pieces, you cant build them(well i wouldnt recommend it), it is possible to build the chamber but if it isnt the right size you could end up with a overflowing skimmer or a non skimming one, its best to buy a skimmer. i wouldnt chance it since you sound like your spending big money on this tank.

6. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

7. feixjai

feixjai Fire Worm

Since everyone mentioned the skimmer already, I'll suggest about the filtration. How about making your own sump/fuge with a tank? That would save you some money for other equipment

8. Click Here!

9. LordLion

LordLion Plankton

Could you give me some info on how to make one!!;D;D;D

10. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

11. LordLion

LordLion Plankton

How do I make a filter I already got a skimmer $650 dollars so does anyone know how to make one. Also does anyone know any lights cheap I could use would those cheap lights at hardware stores work. I was thinking tanning bed bulbs but I thought they would get to hot.

12. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Man, if you're building a 750 gallon tank, have yourself a good budget. I would expect to spend around 10 grand on a tank that size. I've got about $2,500 into my 75. Unless you're going fish only, I recommend against going with cheap hardware store lights.