75 Gallon Project (Transfer Complete)

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Droopster, Jun 18, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Nice scape! It all looks great.

I had forgotten you can do that with Mangroves, float them.

2. Click Here!

3. Droopster

Droopster Fire Worm

Thanks:) Im happy thus far, and I have a few more rocks from my cube that I need to add once this guy gets all cycled.
    I hope the mangroves do well in the sump. I ordered these from reef2go and for some reason the ones I had in my FW piranha tank thrived while the salty shoots i had in my nano cube started to die off.o_O

4. Droopster

Droopster Fire Worm

During the process of deciding how exactly I'm going to put the final skin on my stand I came to the conclusion of foam core panels that will be finished to look like faux stone. with a couple little hidden features.

Observe the side panel, which will eventually not be so transparent.
    unnamed.jpg
    And then. Acrylic Port hole to observe from the side. and a new fan to cool things off.
    A/C power cord will plug right into the reef keeper.
    unnamed-2.jpg

Sound proofing/structural supports, Fan install, and acrylic window, all from the inside.
    unnamed-1.jpg

Ill just have to finish projects like this while I wait for the cycle, and transfer from my nano cube to this tank.

Corailline likes this.
  5. ccardini

ccardini Bristle Worm

That viewing window is cool. Haven't seen that before

6. Droopster

Droopster Fire Worm

thanks. Im hoping for more of a seamless faux stone cover when its done and less of a piece of foam and masking tape pull tab. Haha

7. Droopster

Droopster Fire Worm

So while I wait for my 75 to be ready, I got my first coral for my nano cube ready for this beast?
    It's a little Pom Pom that was off on his own at the bottom of the LFS tank. They wanted $30 for their small colonies but let me buy this little guy for $5. About as big as a nickel when fully extended. I figure he'll spread. So fun to watch. image.jpg

dsfdsfisch and DSC reef like this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Droopster

Droopster Fire Worm

10. Droopster

Droopster Fire Worm

Had my first real power out here today. thank god for math. haha. Of course I checked this once for practice, but theres always that mild heart flutter when power goes out for real.

unnamed-1.jpg

Sump filled up for the most part, and there should be another gallon ish of space before I would really start to worry.

unnamed.jpg

Flash light cell phone pictures are just the best ;:/
    On a side note. The chamber of the sump in this pic was originally designated for my skimmer but Ill be switching skimmer and Fuge as my skimmer gives off a LOT of bubbles and they tend to make their way through the baffles and into the return. So, there will be a nice wall of Chaeto for them to try and get through in this chamber and the skimmer will be before it.

Corailline likes this.
  11. Droopster

Droopster Fire Worm

Transferring the Life Support.
    IMG_0241.JPG

Everyones In!
    IMG_0242.JPG

12. Droopster

Droopster Fire Worm

So a couple things.

1. If you read previous thread I was deciding on an ATO and went with expanding my Reef Keeper Lite. I am happy with my decision but I have to say, finding any kind of instruction was difficult, especially since mine is an older model, circa 2010.

2. During the transfer, my Skimmer Went NUTS, and was all kinds of overflowing. Gonna have to play with the depth of that thing till it gets dialed in. Didn't exactly run it while tank was cycling.

3. Probably gonna need a bigger clean up crew.

4. Tomorrows project is wire and cord organization.

Corailline likes this.