Discussion in 'The Planted Tank' started by tharsis, May 1, 2011.
Join 3reef now to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.
I got some when I first started my planted tank 4 years ago, but thankfully it never got that bad. I just hit it hard with Excel dosing and it went away.
I had it WAYYYY worse than in that pic haha, my CO2 ran out while I was on a week vacation and came back to a black tank... All of my anubias were totally covered in it, as was pretty much the entire piece of wood. But yeah the excel and H2O2 made quick work of it.
Man that seriously sucks. Congrats on getting back under control. Mine never got past a few strands around the edges of the leaves. Still very ugly looking at that stage. They should look into the way BBA attaches since it is impossible to manually remove with out damaging the leaf.
Thanks! Yeah it was pretty demoralizing when i got back from vacay but now that I have conquered it I no longer look at it with fear
I would love to see some electron micrographs of the bonding between BBA and the object it is attached to! Seriously once it is attached it is impossible to get off. I have tried pulling it off of rocks and as well and there is ALWAYS some left behind.
That stuff is evil. Must have been spawned from the Devil himself.
Took a few more pics...I am having a heck of a time getting the white balance right. It either comes out too yellow or too blue...
But anyways I like the rearrangement of the plants.
It's been a very long time since I updated, the tank is still doing well, some rearranging has gone on.
Gorgeous scape, plants look awesome.
Separate names with a comma.