6 month growth (Ponape Birsdnest) (3/23)

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Kevin_E, Jan 19, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

3/22

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

[​IMG]

Here's a fairly recent, poor Iphone pic of my Ponape. It's between a baseball and softball size

4. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Wow. Incredible. One day....

5. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

It started with a very small frag! I honestly don't remember exactly how long I've had this one- embarrased to say.

My complete set up has been about 22-23 months, I know it's been over a year.

So, maybe a year and a half?, it went from a few mere centimeters of a small frag, so a large, dense colony!

I'm sure yours will too. As cheryl said, these BN kinda grow exponentially, kinda like branches branch into braches, etc. I"ve already sold several frags off the bottom parts of it!

6. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

BTW, this is looking GREAT! Branches will start branching into braches, soon it will be large.

OH, and BTW, in that pic you attached of your current Ponape,
    Are those the small pineapple sponges I'm seeing on the rocks near it? those are cool aren't they? I used to have hundreds it seemed, now I don't see any. Some one told me it's a stage some DT's go thru as they age? I don't know, I do have 3 dwarf angels, maybe they ate them, but it was a long time ago, and I never saw them eating any.