6' long

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by cuttingras, May 18, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

we need a live video feed to address the issues here :p

2. Click Here!

3. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

Once again I find myself being the voice of general disagreement. Cuttin, I have done things the way you did them for every single tank upgrade of mine. My last one I went from a 72 to my 125 and the only reason I lost a fish was because a damsel wedged itself in a rock without me realizing. When I moved the rock from tank to tank, it fell on the floor and I didn't notice until it was already dead.

Otherwise, here I am a month later and everything is swimming along just fine. All my corals are alive and open daily, water parameters are peachy, and I couldn't be happier. The only thing I need to do is motivate myself to actually place my corals where I WANT them. But as long as you're using all your old rock and sand and stuff, you will be OK IMO.

Also, I had my fish and corals in buckets for over 24 hours. As long as they are in heated water with airstones, you should be fine.

Geek, I don't mean any offense, but this is just the way I have done it for all my tank moves/upgrades and it has been fine for me. Barely ever a loss, let alone an entire tank die-off.

4. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

ive done new tanks and upgrades where it's new sand, old rock and been fine but I've never tossed my stuff into buckets :p always just picked up outta one tank and straight into the other
    never really had a problem, killed a few crabs and inverts accidentally thats about it

5. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

well guys(and gals) everything is in the tank with the exception of two buckets of rock I have left, which is sitting in what was left of the 55's tank water. Everything is looking VERY good...actually everything looks so small now. The striped damsel is not real happy. I'm thinking he doesn't like his new home, cause my maroon clown can get away from him now. He's hangin out by a powerhead. He's been a bully lately, so he's kinda taking a self imposed time out. :lol: The water is clearing up nicely, but I have a question....won't it just fog back up when I turn he powerheads on? I'm fixing to post some pics and maybe even a video(if I can figure that one out)

How do I take a video from my cell and put it onto utube? I have a motorola phone with verizon service.

6. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Is there going to be a doll in the video???? LOL!!!!!

7. cuttingras

LMAO! :laugh5::yelrotflm

8. Click Here!

9. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Hey, I had to ask..... I wonder what some of the newer 3Reefers are thinking.... LOL.....

10. Bogie

Bogie Snowflake Eel

If it were me, I think would have fabricated some overflow walls, siliconed them in, and spent $10 in the plumbing aisle to make some home made durso or stockman standpipes. It would probably be 100% quieter like the setups I've seen, and it's almost impossible to do it now that the tank is filled with water, sand, rock and fish. :confused::-/

11. cuttingras

nothing is ever impossible Bogie......ever seen them install pilings in a river or canal or the ocean for a bridge? Seal off with a bigger tube then drain then repair. it wouldn't be that hard to do. It would take 2 peeps and my son is willing to help! I've already given it some thought, when hubby leaves next week. The gurgling is crazy loud. Like I said earlier, hubby said I had to use what I had. :-/:angry: He won't be back till Oct. so, I'll be clear till he gets home, then I'll have to explain. He really won't care as long as it doesn't involve him and his $$............:(

Last edited: Jul 8, 2008
  12. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

I would offer less the 200...We just installed a 125 that we bought new for 215.008)