6' long

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by cuttingras, May 18, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. {Nano}Reefer

{Nano}Reefer Dragon Wrasse

Hey! your famous!.... well kind of :) Those palys that you won look bigger and badder than ever(in a good way)!! whats the deal when you said you just kept the same lighting when you went from the 55 to the 125? Do you mean the exact same lighting with no bulb increase? how many watts do you have now and what was it before?

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

Yeah I know about those palys!!! I look at them every day and can't believe how many there are now. Same lights the 48" T6's and the 36" pc's. just changed the bulbs and actually the T6 bulbs are less wattage than the old bulbs. Aquatraders didn't have any the right wattage when I went to order them, so I bought them somewhere else. They are lower wattage but 1/2" longer than AT's so we built the hood and I placed the end caps so I could use either size. I did do something a little different, which is why I think I can keep the torch & spawn.. I put the4 T6's at 12k, two of the pc's are 420/460 and the other two are 460. nice coloring and the timers are set for 460, then 420/460, then 12k's then opposite off. not sure why, but it's working! I lined them like this

12k's_________________
    420/460pc's__ 460pc's
    460pc's
    420/460pc's
    12k's

Oh also, I'm posting the article from wwm on here. the daily faq changes every day and Bob put some good info on it!

4. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

here it is(Notice the mention of 3reef.com on the bottom? yes he did print that!)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2009
    1 person likes this.
  5. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

Thanks for the great info. This was a coral I was considering for the near future but will probably wait now until I'm better equipped. Thanks Linda.

6. cdeboard

cdeboard Montipora Digitata

Wow just read this thread.. awesome find on the tank.. it has came a long way.. wicked deal!