6' long

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by cuttingras, May 18, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Brandon1023

Brandon1023 Fire Goby

.....:eek::eek:

I had no idea there were so many variations!

2. Click Here!

3. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

Thats just standard sizes, thats not counting the various custom 72" tanks available or custom built to customer specifications. I know of some coral farmers who use 72 x 48 x 12 180g

4. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

for real. my son has seen it and he says it's huge, a lot bigger than mine....gonna go tomorrow afternoon if possible, maybe on my way back from atl. And also, Brandon...I'd love to get it. We'll see what it looks like and what shape it's in

5. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

wish I had room for a 6' tank, not for a few more years, stuck with 4' at a max right now :(

6. cuttingras

Ok, the piano is going outside to the bondage:)lol: :devil:) cave. Here are the dimensions and what the calculator said the tank size it. To me, it looks bigger than that.

Your tank's volume is 13.65 cubic ft. (23587.2 cubic inches)
    It will hold 101.9655 Gal. of water.

Aquarium Volume Tank Length 12.6 inches
    Tank Width inches
    Tank Depth inches

Dude would not even budge off the price.

I pick it up on Thursday. It looks brand new. The silicone in the corners is as clear as it can be! Has sand/crushed coral mix(which is going in the trash), so I'm guessing it had salt water. I've never heard of anyone having fresh water with sand and cc. The light are like these,

marineandreef.com/ Reef Aquarium Supply (Aquarium Lighting, Coralife light, Aquarium Light, Power Compact, Compact Fluorescent, Metal Halide Lights, Aquarium Chillers, Aquarium Pumps, Coralife lighting, UV Sterilizer, Reef Aquarium, Current USA AquaP

with no actinics or lunars(which leads me to fresh:confused: or even discus:confused:). It's got a P.S. not sure of the brand yet, a really big pump, don't know the brand of that either, and a bunch of "stuff" that comes with it. Wish I would have found some food, then I'da known what it was used for. I'm really paranoid about copper! I've spent a lot of cha-ching on snails and crabs, over the past year. I've lost quite a few in that time, but I did over stock it knowing that only the strong survive.

It's got 4 holes drilled in the bottom of it. Wonder what I'm gonna do with them. LOL I did see the bottom of the tank is two sheets of 1/2 glass thick. The guy said it had water and sand in it, when he got to it, just nothing else. Maybe it was a mosquito farm?? So from his word, it doesn't leak. He repo'd it from a renter. And a lot of other stuff.

I'm gonna wash it real good with bleach, rinse, then rinse some more, then with white vinegar, then rinse and then more rinsing....Do you get the feeling I'm gonna rinse it;)

Anyway, I'll post pics when I get it. Right now I've got to see why my toadstool is laying over and deflated :(:-/ First thing I checked when I got home yesterday was the SG, cause I know how they like to overflow the tank. (I gotta fix that....Priority!) It was less than 1.016. I gradually upped that last night to 1.024. My water change should bring it up to 1.026. Not sure how long it was like that, my son never knows. Oh yeah, where I fill my buckets is SOAKED. (glad it's tile with cement under it. it just messes up the Sheetrock. I gotta get a drain there). They never turned off the ro/di. Wonder how much that shortened the membrane life.....So, I'll do a good water change and hope for the best. Also I need to run the gambit of tests...... I'll let you know the outcome when I do.

I hate life on the road! I'm done. I want to open a restaurant here and call it Pinky's Bar & Grill and have a huge tank(1k gal) in it between the kitchen and the dining area.(in my dreams)

7. omard

omard Gnarly Old Codfish

:eek:

Wow...looks like you got a great deal for tank and other stuff. That light fixture will work fine for keeping fish/softies...assuming you can get 4 65watt PC's in it.

Replace bulbs from getgo.

Very, very cool...got someone to build cabinet for you?

Exciting...keep us posted.

Scott

8. Click Here!

9. cuttingras

Scott, it comes with a cabinet! Not the most attractive, but I'm going to paint it black before I set it up ;D

1 person likes this.
  10. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like you got a killer deal gras. And it also sounds like you've got alot of work ahead of you(with a huge pay-off). I've been looking for an up-grade for a while now. Congrats on the score.

11. cuttingras

Thanks Mission, yep but I'm takin it slow!!!!!!!!!!!!!;D

12. cuttingras

Inside dimensions say a 135!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;D;D;D:dizzy: pics to follow..............