6' long

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by cuttingras, May 18, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. scenario1313

scenario1313 Tassled File Fish

I have a Grainger locally. HMMMMMM Now thats making me get out my thinking cap

2. Click Here!

3. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

k well, I looked through Grainger's online catalog and their prices would be higher to build it myself than to buy a light fixture already built. I'm still debating the whole what kind mh or t5 should I get.......not sure if I'll ever get any.

I figured out my ATO. IT WORKS NOW!~!! Yay! I figured out the reason why the waste wouldn't shut off. It was because the good side wasn't shutting off. The connector to the ato was leaking, down the side of the fuge to where I couldn't see the water. Pipe tape and super glue solved that crisis. I'm not sure how many gallons it pumped onto my carpet, but I got it all up and it's dry. Also, what helped was when we put the carpet down, we used a padding that was has a plastic barrier on the top to keep water/spills/dog pee from seeping into the padding. It worked! No more dog pee either LOL dogie door installed! ;D

I'll update pics tomorrow, the tank is dark now and most of the critters are nighty night. I did noticed today, one of my Mexican turbo's was being chowed down by a hermit crab. Not sure if the crab killed it for the shell, but, all that is left is that little disk and the shell :angry:

4. cuttingras

OK I've decided on my lights for this tank. I figured I better hurry and get them before everything starts dying and I have a major algea outbreak. One of my 10k pc's is out and one of the actinic T5's is out so it's time. I'm undecided between these three. I've read nothing but good things about these lights. One person on another forum said negative things, but he didn't even own them. I think it was a post from a few years ago??

72'' Aquarium Light T5 HO 8 x 80 NEW Moon Lunar Reef - eBay (item 180294903605 end time Oct-29-08 10:59:23 PDT)

72'' Aquarium Light T5 HO 10 x 80 NEW Moon Lunar Reef - eBay (item 190258158093 end time Nov-08-08 04:14:25 PST)

or

72'' Aquarium Light T5 HO 12x 80 NEW Moon Lunar Reef - eBay (item 110210093430 end time Nov-24-08 13:29:00 PST)

I was going to add a poll but I can't so, which do y'all recommend?

5. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

the 8 it gives you 6wpg, that is if you still have 100 gal tank from what i remember

6. cuttingras

7. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

it still should be ok it will give you 4.5 wpg

if your gonna do primarily sps you may as well get the 10 for better growth and coloration, but the 8 will be good for most corals. and should keep all corals alive

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  8. Click Here!

9. cuttingras

Even though I don't care anything about keeping clams, I'd like to be able to keep anything else.

oh yeah Otty...they have electronic "work horse ballasts". I can choose the bulbs too.

10. cuttingras

update as of today sorry bout that photobucket is being a pain tonight

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the not happy toadstool
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these guys split into four sections pretty cool watching them
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2008
  11. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

Nice work on the f-spawn save. Looking real good gras.
    [​IMG]

12. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

Nice pics, looks like the tank is doing well.