6 Line Wrasse actingn strange

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Mystique, Sep 29, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mystique

Mystique Astrea Snail

I fear that there may be a problem with my 6 Line!

My tank is looking great. My two clown fish are perky and happy. My peppermint shrimp and CBS are well. But my 6 Line is resting in a nook under the edge of a rock. Its mouth is open and seems to be breathing heavily.

Today I took the glass tops off my tank and added two Koralia 2's and topped off my tank with two gallons of water. I am using tap water still, but I treated it to remove chlorine and heavy metals same as I always do.

I haven't tested the water yet. I wanted to get this posted. I will post parameters once I test!

2. Click Here!

3. Mystique

Mystique Astrea Snail

My parameters are as follows:

sg 1.025
    ph 8.0
    ammonia 0
    Nitrites 0
    kh 9 degrees

Is it possible that the 6 line is just stressed due to the change in his tank? He disappeared for a bit. And now is poking around places in the tank.

4. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

do you mean by change that you took the covers off and added the powerheads? Is it's mouth continually open or just yawning? Mine seems to 'yawn' sometimes and loves to go to his 'home' inside a rock when I get too near. He may be just adjusting. Keep an eye on him and see if he continues to breath heavy

5. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Dime to a dollar that his is adjusting to the powerheads and the change in flow. I have a longnosed hawkfish that stressed out for days when I put my Koralia-3s in. Just keep it as low stress in there as possible for him. That is about all you can do.

6. Phayes

Phayes Aiptasia Anemone

While additional powerheads and increased flow may cause some fish to become increasingly cautious for a while, it definitely shouldn't be causing them to breathe heavily like that.

Is there any signs of parasitic infection and/or issues with the gills? (redness,etc).

7. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

when i added mine i actually had multiple fish die. Be careful. I'll never make that mistake again.. add one at time and dont leave it on all day.