55 gallon tank stand - piano?

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by bawest, Jan 20, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tooconceited

tooconceited Spaghetti Worm

If you really want to keep just softies and polyps you don't need MH. There is of course the issue of you wanting SPS down the line. Trust me it happens to the best of us :p If you go T-5 or VHO the heat won't be as much of an issue and you should be able to fit the lights in there and with just a couple fans be fine IMO. I agree with trying to keep the top intact. The space between lights and water doesn't have a hard and fast rule. MH usually has more cause of heat. If your tank has a sump that should help with the heat issues too as long as the return pump doesn't run hot. Let us see how it turns out.

2. Click Here!

3. bawest

bawest Fire Worm

Here are some updated pictures. Seems like I've made some commitments....

1. I have to cut the top for the lights. I ran out of room on the bottom, so the lights will have to go on top

2. I have to drill the tank. I don't have enough room to run the overflow that I just bought. Anybody want to come by and drill my tank for me?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like the sliding desktop that I added. I can still close the lid as if the keys are there after sliding the desk back in place.

What do you guys think?