55 gallon stand issues

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by kzziboy, Nov 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kzziboy

kzziboy Astrea Snail

I DO NOT intend to leave out the FRONT Center Brace. The back one, however, I can't put back in. The sump will be in the way. I'm putting the front one back, but I'm not going to nail it or screw it in place. I made it long enough to fit very snug. That way it won't just get bumped and fall out of place.
    When I took out the back one it was no problem. I could actually somewhat move it in it's place which told me there wasn't an awful lot of weight on it.
    The front one though is solid. I can't remember, but that's probably because I glued and fastened everything down pretty good when I built it.
    Well, I'll find out tonight!

2. Click Here!

3. kzziboy

kzziboy Astrea Snail

Well I did it! Got the center brace out, put the sump in and replaced it with a new one I built.
    Thank God it didn't buckle or fall!

4. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

this may just be my .02 but if it were me I would just rebuild the stand, I dunno how much you have invested in your tank but if that back fails on you say.... 2 years down the road you cant say we didnt tell you to put that back center brace in.... if the beams were on their sides I would say no problem but the way they are laying flat, they could buckle on you maybe not today but how long do you plan on running your tank??