5 in 1 test kits

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by liegeofinveracity, Jun 8, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. liegeofinveracity

liegeofinveracity Coral Banded Shrimp

...the night time... is the right time...
    has anyone tried these, it's really 4 in 1 for saltwater as hardness isn't much of a concern, i picked a kit up today, $18 for 25 tests, not bad i think, grab a calcium and mag kit and i should be set.i like the dip it in and take it out style too. much easier than mixing and vials.

2. Click Here!

3. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

they're awful. You might was well lick ur finger and stick it up in the air to test your nitrates. Sorry dude.

4. liegeofinveracity

5. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

they're too good to be true. Nothing in this hobby happens fast and that includes the test kits. With that being said, after a while you won't have to test anything other than ca, alk, and mag anyway. I can look at my tank and tell if something is screw wacky. I don't want to know what my nitrates are because I'll panic

6. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

They are garbage. Luna

7. liegeofinveracity

tomorrow i'm gonna compare the results to my salifert kits, then i'll know for sure, although they do sound "to good to be true"

if i like the results from 5 in 1 better i'm sticking with'em..lol just kidding

8. Click Here!

9. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

you better check all 25 strips. they are very inaccurate. one strip might say 20 ppm nitrate and the next might say 160 ppm.